VoIP Detective supports Hyper-V servers, and this guide will help you get started with that process. There are several versions of Hyper-V, but for this guide, we will be using a Hyper-V 2019 server that is remotely managed by a Windows 10 client.
- Request a free license key from this page if you haven't already. If you have multiple copies of VoIP Detective, please request a new key for each installation.
- Download the Hyper-V specific installation files from VoIP Detective.com
- Open the installation zip file. You'll see three folders inside of the zip:
- Extract the zip contents to a folder that is accessible by your Hyper-V Server
- Using the Hyper-V Manager, connect to your Hyper-V server
- Right click on your server and choose "Import Virtual Machine"
- Using the "Import Virtual Machine" wizard, select the extracted files
- On the "Select Virtual Machine" screen, choose VoIP Detective
- Choose the Import Type. In this example, I will copy the virtual machine and create a new unique ID
- I'll choose the defaults for where to store the virtual machine
- Choose the defaults for where to store the hard disks
- Choose Finish on the final screen.
- You will now see VoIP Detective listed as a Virtual machine. Right click on the VoIP Detective VM, and choose "connect"
- Click on the "Start" button
- Once the virtual machine boots, you'll be able to configure the VoIP Detective appliance. The default credentials are: username : cliadmin password : voip
- You should next configure a static IP address using this guide : Setting a Static IP Address for VoIP Detective
- Then, ensure that CDRs are configured in CUCM, and point them to VoIP Detective using this guide Enabling CDRs and CMRs in Cisco Call Manager
- Finally, visit your new VoIP Detective in your computer browser, and walk through the guided setup. The default GUI / web username is 'admin' and the default password is 'voip'.
*Important Note - VoIP Detective is not designed to be internet facing (accessible directly from the internet). Please ensure that VoIP Detective is not reachable from the internet, or in your organization's DMZ.
If you have any questions, please click on the "New Support Ticket" button above.